What is Anxiety?
We know that anxiety disorders are not the result of personal weakness. As scientists continue their research, we know that anxiety is caused by a combination of factors, including changes in the brain and environmental stress.
Life challenges and circumstances can often cause anxiety to drive our emotions. It can get so intense and the powerlessness can be destabilizing.
If anxiety is not treated, it can lead to deep depression and health problems.
Most individuals who experience anxiety often find they are relationally challenged with people and situations. People who have anxiety find that throughout the day they are challenged with showing up for their life in a healthy way. Anxiety can create a pattern of addictive relationships and result in being diagnosed with love addiction and codependency.
Some of the common symptoms of anxiety are:
- Racing thoughts and shortness of breath – not enough oxygen
- Interrupted sleeping patterns
- Fear that something bad is going to happen to yourself or those you love
- Stomach problems – indigestion, constipation, and diarrhea
- Unable to relax – feeling tense most of the time
- Constant “thinking” resulting in fatigue
- Difficulty handling uncertainty or indecisiveness
- Inability of letting go of the worry
The biological part of our programs is extremely helpful for those who are suffering from anxiety. How to calm down the nervous system and begin to tolerate the feelings that come with living life is crucial to the recovery process.With only having 6 residents at a time, our residents can expect to be seen, respected, and understood.